This event is part of the GSEF Global Virtual Forum:
Great Challenges, Greater Solidarity: Power of Community and SSE as a Path for Transformation
Date: 19 - 23 October 2020
See the whole programme here.
UNRISD is proud to co-host a Special Session at the GSEF Global Virtual Forum which will present the results of original research from the project Promoting SSE through Public Policies: Guidelines for Local Governments
. Speakers will share case studies from seven cities where SSE policies have been implemented. Participants will also have the opportunity to review and provide feedback on the draft of the Guidelines for Local Governments: Promoting SSE through Public Policies
in the form of a Consultation Document, which draws evidence-based lessons from the case studies.
Simultaneous translation between English, Spanish and French will be available during this session.
- Maude Marquis-Bissonnette — Councillor, City of Gatineau, Canada
- Ronald Nsubuga Balimwezo — Mayor of Nakawa Division, City of Kampala, Uganda
- Emilia Salz — Secretary General of United Cities and Local Governments (TBC)
- Andrea Agostinucci — Local Economic Development Advisor at United Nations Development Program - UNDP Art Initiative.
- Laurence Kwark — Secretary General of GSEF
- Rafael Chaves (University of Valencia) — Barcelona, Spain
- Malick Diop and Aminata Samb Diop (RACTES) — Dakar, Senegal
- Susan Steinman (Research Associate, Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS), University of Pretoria) — Durban, South Africa
- Alan Southern (University of Liverpool) — Liverpool, UK
- Roberto Cañedo Villarreal (Universidad Autónoma de Guerrero) and Juan José Rojas Herrera (Universidad Autónoma Chapingo) — Mexico City, Mexico
- Marguerite Mendell (Concordia University) and Nancy Neamtan (TIESS) — Montreal, Canada
- Kil-Soon Yoon and Sang-Youn Lee (Sungkonghoe University) — Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Hamish Jenkins (UNRISD) — Guidelines for Local Governments
- Sara Hoeflich (Head of Learning Department, UCLG) — Comments on the case studies and the Guidelines for Local Governments
Ilcheong Yi (UNRISD)
Register here for the Global Virtual Forum
. Fill in the form, and underneath the red "Program" button you can select Special Sessions, including this one.
Registration will give you access to all the activities of the whole Global Virtual Forum. Each day you will receive the programme for the next day and the access links for each activity by email, so you can plan your attendance.
You might also like...
UNRISD is hosting another Special Session at the GSEF Global Virtual Forum: Sustainable Development Performance Indicators for SSE: How to Measure Progress Toward the SDGs
, which explores emerging, innovative methodologies and indicators for measuring SSE's social, economic and environmental impacts.